The mission of the School District of DeSoto County is to prepare all students to be successful citizens and productive workers.The Federal Programs & Grants Management department supports this mission by the implementation of various grants and grant-funded initiatives. Each grant is designed to increase, enhance and improve student and staff performance.
- Title 1, Part A - Basic - These funds provide additional instructional staff, professional development, extended learning programs, and other supports for raising student achievement in high-poverty schools.
- Title 1, Part C - Migrant Education Program - This program provides supplemental educational support to migratory students who work, or whose families work, in the agricultural and fishing industries.
- Title IX, Part A - Homeless Education Program - This program assists students experiencing homelessness by eliminating barriers to school enrollment, attendance, stability and overall academic success.
- ESOL & Title III - Language Instruction for English Language Learners - These programs assists students who are English Language Learners by providing instruction to help them attain English language proficiency so that they may succeed and have academic success.
- 21st Century Learning Center - This program provides opportunities during non-school hours for academic enrichment, including providing tutorial services to help students, particularly students who attend low-performing schools, to meet the challenging State academic standards.
- Title II, Part A - Supporting Effective Instruction - These funds provide professional development to increase the number of teachers, principals, and other school leaders who are effective in improving student academic achievement in schools, which allows low-income and minority students greater access to effective teachers, principals and other school leaders.
- Title V, Part B - Subpart 2: Rural & Low-Income Schools Program - This program provides resources to rural & low-income school districts to help increase student achievement and increase the graduation rate.
To learn more about these federal programs and find more information and resource documents, please click on the links in the right-hand margin of the page.