Greetings from the Transportation Department. We want to welcome you to the 2015-2016 school year. Transportation is an important part of your child’s educational experience. Our goal is to make sure your child arrives to school and is returned home safely each day. Please check in from time to time for important updates about scheduling, routes and public programs from within our department.
We thank you for your cooperation, feel free to download our latest bus routes at www.desotoschools.com/routes
Rules for Riding a School Bus
- Classroom conduct is to be observed on the bus at ALL times
- Each student is to enter the bus quietly, take a seat, and remain seated
- Students will show respect to the bus driver and school property (bus)
- Students are to keep hands and feet to themselves
- Students are to keep arms and hands inside windows
- Language must be positive and school appropriate. Abusive or profane language is not acceptable
- All talking should be kept at a low tone and NO TALKING at RAILROAD CROSSINGS
- A student who must cross the road, should walk up to the front of the bus and wait for the driver to instruct them to cross
- Each student is required to stay seated and face the front of the bus
- If you are a passenger in a bus equipped with seat belts, you must wear the seat belt at all times (FS316.6145)
- A new student or any student with a bus change must get a bus pass from the school office
- For safety reasons the following are not allowed on the bus: alcohol, tobacco products, drugs, knives, guns, weapons of any kind, animals (dead or alive), glass, sharp objects, bats, batons, basketballs, balloons, large flags, large band instruments, food, or drinks
Your help is needed in assuring that your child follows the rules. Please remember that riding a bus is a privilege, and if rules are broken your child may lose that privilege.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the safe transportation of our students, please don't hesitate to call our office at (863) 494-4222, ext. 1600, 1601 or 1602.
Please refer to the additional links in the left margin beneath Transportation Department to access more information, including bus routes and contact persons.